1. What dictation capturing options does your medical transcription service offer?
You have the option of either dictating directly into our dial-in dictation servers via toll free telephone line or you may use digital handheld recorders.
2. What security measures you have in place while dictations are moved from computers to servers and vice versa while using Internet?
When the dictations are sent from your computers to our servers or when the dictations are downloaded by our system administrators from our Toll-Free dial-in servers and FTP servers, the data is encrypted using 1024-bit AES encryption. This is done for HIPAA compliance in transmission of confidential information over the Internet.
3. Do you have any redundancies for your dictation servers and FTP servers?
Our servers are built with fault tolerance – mirrored drives. A redundant system is ready in case of failure. A backup system is also ready offsite in case primary system fails.
4. What equipment do we need at our end?
You will need a computer with Windows 7 or higher operating system with Internet Explorer 9 version and above. You will need broad band Internet connection for faster uploading of dictations when using handheld recorders.
5. Are your medical transcription services HIPAA compliant?